Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Having a rough few days...

Well...I couldn't bring myself to posting this before, but it should be obvious since I wasn't posting good news...I'm not pregnant...

In fact, I ended up having an 8 day luteal phase - I got AF the day after posting about the spotting, which makes no sense whatsoever, since I was taking three things: VItamin B, clomid, and metformin...which were all supposed to lengthen my luteal phase...

And, even weirder is that my progestrone was 13.2 - which is much better than the 6 from last time, and yet last time my LP was 11 days and this time 8 days...no sense at all...

So, I went to the OB, and got an appointment with an RE (reproductive endocrinologist)...luckily, there was an appointment open for last Friday, so I was able to get in then...

He seems to think that I'm not Oing right on my own, but since CLomid is working in getting me to O, I should stick to that...BUT, he wants it to be monitored, so, I'm doing this cycle completely unmedicated while he runs some bloodwork, and then next cycle will be 50mg Clomid - plus monitored eggie development - plus IUI...

I'm pretty much giving in that this cycle will be a bust, and just hoping that it wont be horribly long...we will try anyway, but you all have seen how well that has worked...

I'm happy and sad about the IUI part...happy because we dont need to plan out BDing any more, but horribly sad about the amount of intervention that we are doing to have a baby...it seems incredibly unromatic, and just - well, not what I had planned...its really tough...

So, I'm having some really hard days right now...

No comments: