Monday, November 24, 2008

In the beginning...

I decided to write this blog, because I need to share, I need to talk, I need to think out my thoughts...but it isn't something that I want to talk to with the people I know...because it isn't something I can plan for - and I desperately don't want to be disappointed and have everyone know it...

So, I'm starting this blog instead...anonomously...as it goes, I might reveal more about myself...but for now, I'm an "us" and I want to be even more (very soon)...

I know what I want...I know what I've planned (and I'm horribly anal about planning every detail)...but, in this case...I don't know when it will happen...if it will happen...and what it will bring...

A bit about me:
My husband and I have been going out for 11 years, and have been married for 6.5 years. I am 32 and he is 33. We have a great life - and certainly enjoy it, and for many years were not in a place where it would be good to have children. Last year, we did this crazy triathlon called an Ironman...you have to sign up for it a full year in advance, and I remember when signing up being a tinge regretful because I knew that we would have to wait a full year for baby because of that...

Ironman was everything I could have hoped it to be...it made me feel strong, invincible, so healthy...a once in a lifetime experience...but, the training was very hard on my body...

A bit of TMI alert:

I went from having the most regular cycle ever - to having periods of time where I'd go more than 2-3 months without anything...right now I'm in one of those times (probably because the Ironman was only a bit more than 3 weeks ago, and my body is still recovering)...

*end TMI*

Anyways...
between my own body - and the fact that my husband did the same Ironman race (and trained a lot harder than I did - so I'm sure that his body is even more messed up than mine)...it is realistically going to be quite a bit longer before we can conceive...

But, nonetheless, we certainly can try...

In honor of this:
1. I ordered folic acid supplements from ebay a week ago (dont quite know where they are, but they are ordered) - just in case
2. Am putting hubby on Zinc

Will see is my predictions so far are right...will know on Thanksgiving if I'm starting in the right direction...

No comments: