Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thanksgiving...

It is really strange thinking about Thanksgiving this year...because, inevitably I think about what it will be like next year...and...next year, it could literally include a child, oh wow, it is so strange and overwhelming to even imagine...then of course the wave of questions and doubt flood my mind...

Here is to hoping, and being thankful for all we have now...

Random thoughts:

I've taken the folic acid supplements for the last two days now...the pills are so tiny...I just take it in the morning with breakfast...easy...

DH and I are getting in to the cycle of BD now...before Ironman, this wasn't happening much at all because of sheer exhaustion...nice to be focusing on this:)

I have never seen people use more abbreviations then PG/TTC people are...you aren't "cool" unless you know the abbreviations...I'm going to write them all down in the next post...anyways...I'm going to start posting with the abbreviations so that I can demonstrate how incredibly cool I am...(please note that this is snark!)...

We are eating Tofurkey today...it is totally soy...I don't eat as much soy as I used to because of the varying information coming out about it...yesterday, I read that soy can reduce sperm count (but then I read something that said that the study was bogus)...so, gonna hope that DH doesn't eat too much (I'll stuff him with zinc instead (cause I also read yesterday that zinc is really good for sperm count:))

On the sperm issue...the Ironman training is one reason that I think that it could be a while before we get a BFP result...I found out that sperm doesn't mature for 74 days...so, new sperm made now, wont mature until March...given the training, that means that we realistically probably wont have a chance until at least end of January - possibly February...but at least I realize this ahead of time...

Oh, and very important...one of the worst things for a baby is Ibuprofen...this is hard for me because I always have Ibuprofen during AF and whenever I have a stomach ache...so, this month when AF started - I didn't have any drugs at all...on a side note, apparently Tylenol is ok (but I gotta look up what type is best)...this time AF started when I had a day off...it would be hard to function working without the Ibuprofen...

I really wish that I could find a place to get real information about it...and I dont want to pay to get it when I know it is all out there for free...I will update this blog as I go about it...so, hopefully this can be that place...

No comments: