Monday, February 16, 2009

Super healthy meal

Well, sometimes I have to go super healthy - to cleanse...or something...

I've felt that way the last few days...
First is salad, the recipe is straight from this awesome pizza place called SAtchel's which has the best pizza and salad in the world...because of that, I use Satchel's dressing - it might be hard for you to do that, but, its basically balsalmic vinegarette...for the salad:
-spinach (I like it better than mixed greens)
-apples (about 1/2 of one cut into little pieces) - this is so good on salads!
-shredded carrots
-walnuts
-romano cheese (or you can use shredded parmesan which is also really good)
-tomatoes (I LOVE tomatoes!)
-onions (not too much - I put way too much on this time, and it wasn't as good as it normally is because of that)



I get the cheese, onions and carrots pre-shredded, so the only thing I have to cut up are the apples and tomatoes...so, I keep under my 5 minute rule...

I also like to put it in a bowl and mix it up before eating it to make it more blended...

This is SO filling, you wont want to eat for a day - and as you can see, this is a HUGE bowl! The only thing sort of "bad" is the dressing...the dressing that I use has olive oil, balsalmic vinegar as the two main ingredients which is really good anyway...

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Hi! Clicked on your link from JM :)... There is nothing bad about that salad- the dressing is perfect too! Olive oil is the best kind of fat AND high in Vitamin E, "the Reproductive Super-Vitamin"! I highly recommend this book: http://www.amazon.com/Real-Food-Mother-Baby-Fertility/dp/1596913940/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241420155&sr=8-1

it totally floored me when I read it! A lot of foods we are trained to think of as "bad" are essential for TTC and pregnancy! Thanks for sharing the salad recipe, I am going to try it tomorrow- always looking for fun and different new ways to eat my plants...Yum!