Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Weirdest dinner EVER!

Can you tell that I'm totally obsessed with food...

This weekend, we saw two infomercials on juicing...so, we were really in the mood to juice stuff...

We are so weird with food...will find something that we love, and eat it a bunch for a few weeks, then not eat it for years...well, that's how its been with juicing...we were really into it a few years ago, then since then, we just got out of the mood...

So, today, we wanted to try again...**please note: unless you are brave, I wouldn't necessarily recommend trying these...it was - ummm, different...
Got:
2 sweet potatoes
3 squash
2 bags spinach
5 lbs. carrots
2 apples

Juiced the sweet potatoes - tasted really good (but this weird fiber pink stuff settled on the bottom - really strange)...then took the left over pulp, added an egg and a bit of cinnamon...and grilled them up with butter as sweet potato pancakes...not too bad at all...

Then juiced the spinach (that didn't taste good by itself)...mixed the pulp with the rest of the sweet potato mix stuff, added some flour...and made spinach/sweet potato pancakes...

Juiced apples (2)...took the pulp, added a bit of the apple juice back, and made applesauce with it...

And, there you go...spinach/sweet potato pancakes with apple sauce...

Then juiced some carrots...and mixed together:
spinach, sweet potato, carrot, apple juice - GREAT!!

Took the left over carrot pulp, and tried to make a carrot cake by adding:
2 eggs
some flour
walnuts
raisins
agave
cinammon
baking powder
vanilla
(I have no idea how much of each, I had no clue what I was doing)...

Baked it for 2 HOURS!! Took forever...still could have been baked longer...

Frosting was:
yogurt
cinammon
agave
vanilla

Interesting...not great, but I can do better...if I can figure something out, I'll write it up...if I had almond flour, I would have used that...will see for next time...

But, wow, what a strange dinner!!

No comments: